Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Connected to wireless

I have a Wireless AP with open security and WEP encryption and in other side is My Linux box using Slackware 12.2, whereas wlan0 as my wireless Lan card.

In this case I want to connect my Linux Box to my AP and The AP also as DHCP server.
I have a Wireless AP with open security and WEP encryption and in other side is My Linux box using Slackware 12.2, whereas wlan0 as my wireless Lan card.

In this case I want to connect my Linux Box to my AP and The AP also as DHCP server.

The steps to connect are:
  • Ensure your  WLan card has waked up
# ifconfig wlan0 up
  • Scan network area and get information about your AP configuration
# iwlist wlan0 scan
  • Configure your Wlan card
# iwconfig wlan0 managed
# iwconfig wlan0 essid MYLAN
# iwconfig wlan0 channel 6 (the channel which used by AP)
# iwconfig wlan0 key 12345ABCDE
# iwconfig wlan0 ap  (MAC ADDR your AP)

  • Get IP Address and connected
# dhclient wlan0
  • Check your connection
# ping www.google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment